jump to search jump to main content

  • This Task has been designed for use by Students. For Students

Everyone who takes out federal student loans eventually has to do exit counseling through the US Department of Education. When you have to do it depends on your circumstances -- if you drop below 6 credits while attending Fort Lewis College, transfer to another institution, or graduate, you need to do exit counseling. If you do not complete your exit couseling, a hold will be placed on your account. The Eix Couseling hold will prevent you from ordering official transcripts, viewing your unofficial transcript, registering from classes, and getting your diploma. 

  • Complete your federal student loan exit counseling on the US Department of Education's Federal Student Aid website.

  • You will need to log in to complete the counseling.

  • The Financial Aid Office will be notified automatically the day after you complete your counseling, and they will remove your hold.


Stop by Skyhawk Station, send us an email, or give us a call at 970-247-7301.


Latest release -

No Release Notes.

 Back to top